In this episode of the Super Strength Show, Eva T. takes us on her journey to becoming a 2X Olympian in Alpine Skiing, a 12 year veteran of the U.S. Ski Team, and a Masters Weightlifting Champion. During this interview, Eva teaches you how being strong and healthy is the key to being happy.
More Specifically in this Episode
- Don’t let your genes become an excuse to what you may be capable of.
- Movement is the key.
- Minimal Dose Maximum Effect Training
- Anything you overdo in life can be bad for you.
- Just because we like to do things, doesn’t mean that it’s good for us.
- Make sure your training is keeping you in optimum health.
- Overdoing it can be just as bad as doing nothing.
- If you’re training for a specific event/competition; make sure to have an exit strategy for recovery after that event/competition.
- Going hard and fast might not always be the best way to getting healthier.
- Lifestyle choices before supplement choices
- Be strong, healthy, and happy
- Don’t be afraid to get your health tested.
- Taking nervousness about competition and turning it into opportunity and excitement.
- Sleep is nutrition.
- Quantify yourself to qualify for your training.
About Eva T.
Eva is a 2X Olympian in Alpine Skiing and a 12 year veteran of the U.S. Ski Team. She has won 6 National Championships, won a world Championship Bronze Medal, and is a World Technical Skiing Champion. In 2011, she was inducted to the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame! Eva is also a Masters Weightlifting Champion.
She is now sharing her experiences from her athletic career and her knowledge in the Health and Fitness realm. As a sought after coach, consultant, and a Kalish Institute Certified Functional Wellness Practitioner, she offers her services online as well as in person to help people experience an utmost quality of life!
You can connect with her by visiting her website at www.EvaTStrengthAndConditioning.com
Instant Strength: The one little trick that will instantly boost your strength by 10 lbs or more in your main lifts.
“The dose makes the poison.” – Paracelsus
Training Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Eva T. teaches proper deadlift form during the Paleo FX Symposium in Austin, TX 2012.
Two time Olympian Eva Twardokens discusses the importance of recovery in athletic training. Filmed live at Paleo f(x) Austin
Connect With Eva T.
Thanks For Tuning In – Share With A Friend!
Thanks again for listening to the Super Strength Show! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others would too, please use the social media buttons at the bottom of the page to share with friends.
Got A Comment or Question?
If you listened to this episode, tell us what you thought in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Additionally, this is a great opportunity for you to ask us any questions that relate to this episode. We want to hear from our community and look forward to connecting with you!
Before You Go – Rate, Review, and Subscribe In iTunes
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes are greatly appreciated (especially 5 star reviews) and will allow us to get the word out about the show and grow as a community. We read every single review on iTunes and believe that each one goes a long way in helping us make the show even better! Good, bad, or ugly, we want to get your feedback. It would mean the world to us if you participated in rating/reviewing our show in iTunes. Here’s how you can participate….
Step 1: Follow this link: Rate/Review Super Strength Show in iTunes
Step 2: Make sure you’re signed in using your iTunes username and password.
Step 3: From here, you can provide your honest rating and review of our show.
Step 4: Finally, if you would like each episode automatically downloaded to your iTunes, hit the subscribe button on the iTunes page.