About This Episode
In this episode of the Super Strength Show, Strength &
Conditioning Coach, Jerred Moon, is here to talk about his new book
“The Garage Gym Athlete – The Practical Guide to Training Like a
Pro, Unleashing Fitness Freedom, and Living the Simple Life”
To quickly rate and review the show click
Jerred joined us back in episode 100, so if you want to get a
bit more context around today’s guest and his background,
definitely check out that episode. To bring you up to speed, here
is quick bio…
Jerred is a Strength and Conditioning Coach and creator of End
of Three Fitness which specializes in simple, effective
barbell-centric fitness for the other guy.
He’s a former Physical Training Leader and Fitness Program
Manager within U.S. Air Force Special Operations command and he’s
been featured in CrossFit Endurance, WOD Talk Magazine, Sweat RX
Magazine, Life Hacker, The Huffington Post, The Art of Manliness
and many other websites and publications.
He currently coaches and programs for hundreds of athletes from
military operators to stay-at-home mom’s.
Get access to all the resources Elaine LaLanne mentioned
during this interview by visiting SuperStrengthShow.com/187.
More Specifically In This Episode
- From the Air Force to the physical fitness industry
- Side hustle and training people to become better
- What is The Garage Gym Athlete and what are the benefits to
creating your own garage gym set up?
- Why everyone should have a some kind of home gym set up
- Achieving an elite level of fitness with a basic $500 garage
gym set up
- The consistency associated with “at home workouts”
- DYI Squat & Bench Rack
- Barbell vs Dumbbells
- The versatility of Rings and why they’re a great addition to
your garage gym
- The Great Mistakes – how to stay accountable and get feedback
on your form
- The importance of building a foundation for the basic
- Advanced athletes and learning the basic principles of
- The benefits of Block Programming
- Tips for completing your workout in 60 minutes or less
- Keeping your eye on the time and cutting down on transition
- Tips for keeping yourself accountable, benchmarking, and
- Learn why you should be waking up early to train
Rate, Review, and Subscribe In iTunes
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes are greatly appreciated
(especially 5 star reviews). They allow us to get the word out
about the show and grow as a community. This also helps us bring on
fantastic guests to share their hard earned knowledge and wisdom
We read every single review on iTunes and believe that each one
goes a long way in helping us make the show even better! It would
mean the world to us if you participated in rating/reviewing our
show in iTunes. To quickly rate and review the show click
Head on over to InstantStrength.com to
get access to your free report titled, Instant Strength: The One
Little Trick that Will Instantly Boost Your Strength by 10lbs or
More In Your Main Lifts.
Connect With Us
Want even more FREE strength, conditioning, and muscle building
tips from today’s top experts, delivered directly to your inbox?
Subscribe to Super Strength Show e-Newsletter for FREE by
Got A Comment or Question?
Good, bad, or fugly, we want to get your feedback. If you
listened to this show, tell us what you think by sending an email
We want to hear from our community and look forward to connecting
To Read the Full Transcript, click here. You’ll see the transcript drop down
menu just past the audio player and brief intro paragraph.